Frequently Asked Ant Questions
- What is Termidor®?
- What types of ants and other general pests does Termidor control?
- Where can I buy Termidor?
- How does a professional apply Termidor to my home?
- How fast will Termidor work?
- Can Termidor be used for both residential and commercial buildings?
- Will Termidor have or leave an odor?
- What makes Termidor different from "do-it-yourself" ant control options?
- How much will a Termidor ant treatment cost?
- Is Termidor real-world proven?
Termidor® termiticide/insecticide is a professionally applied ant and general pest control product. The same nonrepellent, undetectable technology that makes Termidor America’s #1 termite defense product also makes it highly effective in controlling ants and other general pests.
Termidor controls the following pests:
- Ants (Acrobat, Argentine, Big-Headed, Carpenter, Crazy, Odorous, Pavement, Pharaoh, Thief)
- Asian lady and darkling beetles
- Box-elder bugs
- Cockroaches (Australian, Oriental, Smokey Brown)
- House crickets
- European earwigs
- Cluster flies
- Spiders (Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Hobo, Cellar)
- Brown dog ticks
- Paper wasps
- Yellow jackets
Termidor cannot be directly purchased or applied by homeowners. Only licensed pest control professionals who have taken Termidor Certification Training are authorized to purchase and apply Termidor. You can find a Termidor Certified Professional in your area using our zip code locator.
Termidor is applied outside to the exterior foundation of your house, creating a treated area of protection.
The effects of Termidor should begin within one to three days and most pests will be controlled within the first week following the treatment.
Yes, a Termidor Certified Professional can offer pest protection to most any type of structure that is at risk for infestation, including residential homes, churches, office buildings, commercial businesses, warehouses, manufacturing sites and schools.
No, Termidor has virtually no odor.
Many “do-it-yourself” ant control efforts can actually make things worse. In fact, most over-the-counter sprays and repellents can cause a phenomenon called “budding,” in which foraging ants, separated from their nest and queen by a repellent spray, will actually start new colonies. Termidor is an advanced undetectable treatment that is applied outside your home. Ants never know it’s there, so they can’t react to it or avoid it. Instead, they pick up Termidor on their routine travels to and from your home. Then, they spread it to the other ants in their colony.
The cost of a Termidor ant treatment varies and largely depends on your particular situation, the treatment plan and service package you and your pest control professional agree upon.
Termidor is registered with the Environmental Protection Agency. It should only be applied by a pest control professional who has been trained in correct application methods. Termidor is effective even at low application rates. Termidor is not a petroleum based material and will not cause harm to plants adjacent to the areas of application.